Love Wine? We're Looking For Wine Lovers in Manchester-Come and Join Us!
Enjoy fun relaxed events with great wine & good company. Wine is a social pleasure-taste it with others who share your interest.
We run regular Manchester Wine Tastings & Manchester Wine Courses. Also private tastings for groups of friends, family or work mates. Find new wines to savour and where to buy them at the best prices. We don't sell wine, so are able to offer you unbiased help and advice!
Don't forget our gift vouchers-ideal for the wine lovers in your life.
You Will Find Our Events Great Value
- Taste around six different wines.
- Try samples you may not have bought yourself.
- Learn where to buy your wine & get the best value.
- No pressure to buy wine-We don't sell it!
John is Here To Rescue You From The Dreaded "Wine Snob"
A know-it-all wine snob can ruin a wine experience by forcing the “right” agenda down your throat,
along with the “right” wine. ~ Wine Folly
- Enjoy our fun and informal wine tasting events.
- You don't need to know a lot about wine. Just to enjoy it.
- Experienced or a "Newbie" - everyone is welcome.
- Benefit from John's wine trade know how & WSET qualifications.
How to Choose Your Perfect Wine Event
- Choose from a wide range of Manchester wine tasting courses. From Old World to New, Lesser Known Regions to French Classics-you are sure to find something you will love.
- Our Discovery Course is a really good place to start.
- No matter what type of wine you prefer discover some hidden gems and new favourites.
- You will benefit from your new wine discoveries. Feel more confident with your wine store and restaurant choices.
- So browse our Manchester wine tastings now:
Northern Wine School
The Northern Wine School Story
I was working for a major wine merchant. Part of my job was to run tasting events ~ this was the part of it I loved.
But there just wasn't enough time for me to really share my love of wine with others. Then at a tasting event I had a "light bulb moment" A guest said "You should do this all the time-you obviously relish sharing your love and knowledge about wine".
The next day Northern Wine School was born. Within weeks of having the idea I had left my job and the school was my full time passion.
John hosted a wine tasting for a large group of hens. He was fantastic, we thoroughly enjoyed it. Good host and very patient with us all!Would definitely recommend. Very good value-thank you. Via tripadvisor.
So a Reminder of Why You Should Come & Enjoy Wine With Us
Wide range of Manchester Wine Tastings & Manchester Wine Courses.
These are held all over The Greater Manchester region
- Corporate Manchester wine tasting events & courses
- Private wine events all over The Greater Manchester Region
- Single evening wine tastings in Manchester from only £23
- Hen party wine tasting events are our speciality. We have a great new venue in Manchester city centre ideal for these
- Enjoy an evening tasting great wine in your own home
- Coming soon-professional WSET (Wine and Spirit Education Trust) courses
- Regular wine events and courses in Central Manchester
“Not to be missed”
Whether you live in Manchester or are visiting I can highly recommend a tasting led by John.I was part of a fourteen person group last night for an introduction into wine tasting.I have been lucky enough to to have taken wine tours in many countries and often struggle when back in the UK to know where to find medium priced wines using the knowledge I have learnt.Not so last night.I was in a party of four and it did not take long for the whole group to bond thanks to John and the knowledge he Imparted.I look forward to my next experience. Via tripadvisor.
“An informed approach”
The wine tasting session was well prersented and prepared.I have been to several different wine events in the past and found this to be the best prepared of them all.The knowledge of our teacher was very impressive and always relevant.This was a good night out and we tasted wines in my budget range £6+ - no fussy expensive wines just good old Tesco, Aldi etc... Via tripadvisor.
Where Does Northern Wine School Hold Events?
We hold our Manchester wine tastings and courses in the centre of the city. At the moment we use two major venues for our Manchester wine tasting courses. These are Manchester Hall and The Bridge Tavern, both on Bridge Street, just off Deansgate.
Many of our Discovery wine tastings are held at Manchester Hall and most other wine tasting events are now held at The Bridge Tavern.
More details about are venues are here.
What Courses Are Available?
You can enjoy a whole range of wine tastings with us:
- The Discovery Course-a great way to start your Manchester wine tasting journey
- Wines of the World. Take your appreciation of wine that one step further
- Premium Courses-enjoy some wine & food matching and/or extra special wines here in Manchester
- Need to reward colleagues or entertain clients? Our corporate Manchester wine tastings fit the bill
- Want a Hen Party that is that little bit different? We have just the thing to suit all ages too!
Have a look at The All Courses Page to see what's available wine tasting in Manchester & around the city.